Saturday, October 3, 2026

A noisy escape

I declare as much as I confess,

my desire that this world,

constantly appearing and appealing,

to my eyes and ears,

present itself like a stage;

with various characters and scenes galore.

Not for me to shamelessly peer,

but only, for some moments, to suppress

a long haunting fear,

for I only wish 

for their noise, 

with all its possible might,

to deafen me, from 

the screaming silence within me,

as these loud mute voices,

get louder and louder, 

as silent as they are.

Hence to seek some respite,

from this subtle desolate peace,

I submit to the chaos of this crowd

willing to let the silence within

be muffled, or even

be completely gagged

by their consistent cacophony,

lest this silence gags my own voice,

now barely surviving on each gasp,

therefore I pray selfishly,

for their voices to suppress my silence,

else theirs will feel

like the echo of my own,

like being surrounded and crowded

by my own reflections,

in just myriad forms..

No comments:

Post a Comment